Features wishlist for xfce 4.1

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Tue Jun 1 18:14:56 CEST 2004

Dimarts 01 Juny 2004 02:15, en/na Jack Coates (<"Jack Coates"
<jack at monkeynoodle.org>>) va escriure:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I became a user of xfce4. I have to say that I'm casual user
> > yet, but
> > I like xfce4 very much and it's modularity (so the low memory consum with
> > the
> > beauty of gtk and user-wanted loaded modules), and I think that with the
> > new
> > (mature) versions of xfce4, I will become permanent user.
> >
> > Well, I have a list of wishes for xfce4. I don't know if these are (or
> > are planned for will be) in the next versions (I don't know that in part
> > because
> > I think that you have an avaliable public Release Plan or _general_ TODO
> > list; can you do it!?). With no more dilations:
>
> there used to be a xfce wishlist wiki, can't find it now though.

Where is it?
Can you find any about it?

> > 1) The possibility of having space between icons of taskbar. In gnome or
> > kde
> > we can left a space between a group of icons and another. This completes,
> > with my point of view, the separator icon in xfce4. Perhaps you can do
> > this
> > with an "blank icon". But, I'm only a desktop user, so I don't know it.
>
> there is a separator, right-click and choose "add". It's a thin line.

I don't say that there isn't a separator ;-)
If you read, I say that it exists.
Perhaps a complement to this is the possibility to have spaces between icons.
For example, if we want to have two icons: one at left and another at right
(why not?), how many separators I have to use?

Sometimes, separator icon is not enough for more strong separation.

> > 2) Button for hidden taskbar and processbar when these have the full
> > length
> > (like gnome or kde). It's useful for some applications (typically X{pdf,
> > ..})
> > that occupy all the screen.
>
> don't get this...

He, he, he....

> > 3) Notification applet (like gnome or kde). For example when running gaim
> > of
> > amsn.
>
> use the systray plugin and many apps can put their notifications in it.

Where is it?
What its name exactly?
Thanks.

> > 4) Minor wish: Can you add an option to xfdesktop?. I saw in
> > http://xfce.org/xfce_42_info/xfce42.html that it has menu support. I saw
> > in
> > http://xfce.org/images/screenshots/xfce42.png that this menu appears with
> > "X"
> > logo (like "G" in gnome and "K" in KDE). I wonder if I can choose this
> > image.
> > I think that it were fun if we can choose it.
> >
> >    Personally, I think in "mouse" logo of xfce instead of "X" logo.
>
> don't quite follow... and sadly, I can't check :( My linux laptop had a
> drive crash and it'll be a while before I can afford to replace it.

Xan.