Problem with Panel from CVS this morning

Sun Jul 25 16:58:32 CEST 2004

Greetings all,

All of a sudden this morning, I am having problems loading xfce4-panel
after building from CVS today. This is on FC2 (fully updated).

While I have script files that download and build xfce and goodies from
the respective CVS's, I went ahead and rebuilt both panel and mixer
individually to check for any obvious errors. I did not see any.

/usr/local/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libmixer.so is present.

What is interesting, in the process of trying to debug the mixer msgs,
is that I have deleted the files in ~/.xfce4/sessions and I have removed
the XML settings for mixer from xfce4rc. So I am also unclear as to why
mixer is still being loaded with panel when presumably it is no longer
in the config files? Did I miss something?

Below is the output when starting panel from a console:

** (xfce4-panel:2264): WARNING **: xfce4-panel: module
/usr/local/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libmixer.so cannot be opened
(/usr/local/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libmixer.so: undefined symbol:
XFCE_PANEL_LOCK)

(xfce4-panel:2264): Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 412
(gdk_draw_rectangle): assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed

(xfce4-panel:2264): Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 412
(gdk_draw_rectangle): assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed
** Message: xfce4-panel: Successfully started with session management

(xfce4-panel:2264): GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 291
(g_hash_table_insert): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

(xfce4-panel:2264): GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 291
(g_hash_table_insert): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

When panel is started like this, it does appear, but is not responsive
to mouse clicks, etc.

Any hints?  If more information is required, let me know.

Thanks,

Marc Schwartz