[xfprint4/xfprint-manager feature request] Could xfprint4/xfprint-manager see /etc/printcap?

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Fri Jul 16 14:44:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

Could xfprint4/xfprint-manager by default list the printers that appear
in /etc/printcap?

I think that it helps the desktop users as me, and the users who have more
printers installed in his/her system and want to list them in xfprint4 (I
have 2 printers in /etc/printcap, and I could do manually, but it's a huge
job with 5 printers for example).

I don't know more about it, but I know that there are other "ways" to print:
cups, lprd (?), ... . How a user can know what "way" he/she is using?

Thanks in advance,
Xan.