Questions about 4.2 CVS

Andrew Conkling andrewski at verizon.net
Thu Jul 15 06:49:46 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm newly running XFCE 4.2 on Gentoo (and newly running Gentoo) the combination of which produces a light and fast system!

Anyway, I was setting it all up in the Settings Manager, and I noticed that there is still no keyboard "test field" where the user can test the speed settings.  Not a big deal, but it'd be nice; is there a reason such a thing has not yet been added?

Also, is it possible to give the Taskbar Size settings numbers (percentages, perhaps) instead of a gradient slider from Small to Large?

I emphasise that these are small quibbles; I can be quite the pettifogger.  I look forward to exploring the new settings; at this point, I'm just pleased it hasn't lost anything in the way of speed.

Thanks to the developers for all their hard work!