SuSE (Yast2) in the menu

Gerald Barre g.barre at free.fr
Fri Jul 2 00:04:32 CEST 2004

Le Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:01:22 -0700
Sean Montgomery <sean.montgomery at gmail.com> s'exprimait:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> I am new to XFce and am loving it.  Heck I am new to Linux.  Anyway, I
> have been trying to add yast2 to my right click menu.  The only way I
> can get it to run is by opening a terminal and typing "sudo
> /sbin/yast2" and then supplying the password.  XFce never asks for a
> password.  Is there a way to get this to work from the menu.  Thank
> you in advance.

There's a GUI for su which don't depends on Kde or Gnome, it's gksu.
The command will be : gksu /sbin/yast2.

grep-available -P gksu -s Depends,Description
Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.4.1), libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libgksu0,
libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.2.3), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.2.1), libpango1.0-0 (>=1.2.1)
gksu is a Gtk+ frontend to /bin/su. It supports login shells
and preserving environment when acting as a su frontend. It
is useful to menu items or other graphical programs that need
to ask a user's password to run another program as another user.