xffm crashes

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Thu Jul 1 23:32:56 CEST 2004

El jue, 01-07-2004 a las 14:37, Thomas Litsch escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> edscott wilson garcia wrote:
>
> > Please run xffm with gdb and when it crashes, obtain a backtrace (type
> > "bt" at the gdb prompt). This would help us see what is wrong. Strace is
> > too cryptic. With the traceback information, file a bug report at
> > http://bugs.xfce.org or email the information to this list.
>
> This didn't work out:
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/bin/xffm
> [New Thread 1024 (LWP 1880)]
> /usr/bin/xffm: relocation error: /usr/bin/xffm: undefined symbol:
> clear_path_from_selection_list
>
> Program exited with code 0177.
> (gdb) bt
> No stack.
>
> Sorry, but I'm not a programmer and working with a debugger is new to me.

It seems like the program is not compiled correctly. The undefined
symbol is in $prefix/lib/libxffm_calls.so. The probable reason for the
crash is that your compilation is broken. Try again and keep eye open
for any problems while compiling the stuff in the xffm/libs directory.
Otherwise you might try a precompiled binary. I believe there is one
such available for SUSE.

Edscott