The file browser

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Jan 26 15:22:47 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 03:40, Chris Brault wrote:

> I had thought about adding a "default" icon name
> (since naming schemes tend to the standardized theme
> days). Right now it is horribly hard coded, and I
> would probably have some to the conclusion that this
> is the only way to solve the problem, by including
> default icon names. It is an easy step to changing
> styles on the fly.

The mime-icons modules deals with this by defining special
private xfce mime-types for the icons used by programs,
extending the concept of associating icons to file types. This way
you can add/remove/modify the icon names and pixmaps without
recompiling any code. The extra types are defined in xfce.org.xml
and the pixmap is defined in mime.xml, files installed by xfce4-modules.