The file browser

Robert Serphillips rserphillips at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 19:23:16 CET 2004

I do use xffm a bit, but I find that having the 2 panes not work
independently is not very intuitive. In most other 2 pane file managers
you can navigate to the source on one pane and the dest on the other and
then cp/mv/drag etc. In xffm changing the location in one pane updates
the other one. I was unable to find a way to change this behavior.

I really like the way xffm parses mime types. I find it easier than any
other fm. I also like how easy it is to change themes, and layout, etc

The shortcut for using the goto location pane is ALT+End. This is very
close to the shortcut for removing a desktop ALT+Delete. I constantly
find myself hitting the wrong key and removing my desktops. Can this be
remapped?