wack file browser idea

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Jan 24 17:56:38 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 08:14, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:40:28AM -0800, Jack Coates wrote:
> >

> >>location bar at bottom, with globbing and tab completion of course, also
> >>implementing complete cp, mv, and ln by passing the commands right
> >>through to a shell.
> >>
> >>Say I browse to ~/docs/foo and see a ton of JPEGs I want to move -- so I
> >>type in the location bar: mv *.jpg ../../images/
> >>
> >>that'd be really cool <insert beavis snigger>.
> >>

> Doesn't mc (midnight commander) do this?

of course. Doesn't fvwm do most anything that any other window manager
does? For that matter, XFce3 is still a fine bit of code, but it isn't
as pretty and customizable as 4. Sometimes having other ways to do
things is good.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
* "Do something for me boys, if I should die at sea boys, write a    *