Run in Terminal problem

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Jan 24 10:32:24 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 09:17:05PM -0800, Bob Snyder wrote:
> Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
>
> >Good shot, Bob.
> >
> >1.  Removing the run in terminal and using xterm -e mycommand worked.
> >2.  Setting TERMCMD gave me an error in the xterm when I had run in
> >terminal checked and this as the command
> >
> >vpnclient connect "Faculty-Staff Off Campus"
> >
> >Error:
> >
> >xterm: Can't execvp -title: No such file or directory
> >
> >Wonder what it's trying to tell me?
> >
> >Thanks.
>

> Not sure, but my guess is that you added the -e to an existing string
> for TERMCMD before a "-title" argument. The -e has to be the last option
> of the string.

Wow, I was going to reply that the panel adds '-e' to xfterm4 when it
executes in terminal, but it doesn't:

  if (in_terminal)
  {
    execute = g_strdup_printf ("xfterm4 %s", cmd);
  }

I'm almost sure it did do so before ...

Anyway, this is a bug, thanks for making me aware of it. For now just
uncheck the option and run xterm -e "cmd args" yourself.

Thanks,
	Jasper