The file browser

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 22:49:53 CET 2004

Ah yes,

> regarding mime-types, you should think about
> implementing the
> freedesktop.org mime-type-database.

I have looked at that, and considered it. However, I
want the mime-types to be small, simple and easily
adjustable. So I wrote a different type of interface
for this purpose and an XML file to match. Most of you
don't use a hundred specialized programs. Most of us
use the same stuff, so I much smaller, more
configurable style seemed appropriate. Plus, I didn't
feel like wading through the database (sheer
laziness), and I wanted to do something original
(sheer pride). Otherwise, thanks for the suggestion.