The file browser

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 22:17:51 CET 2004

Well sir,

> Very cute :-) I dig the location bar, is that a GTK
> selector bar,
> responding to tab-completion and globs? Mhmmm,
> drool.
>
> Needs one more button: toggle showing hidden files.

Show hidden files in done in the right click menu,
although I could add a button on the toolbar.

The tab completion will actually become standard in
the next stable pyGTK release (Sometime in March or
April). Until then, Autocomplete is ready, but
capturing the TAB key in the entry box, while ignoring
it's deafult function is eluding the people on the
#pygtk list. However, it is possible, and I will
accomplish it.

I'll put the browser up on my page or something when I
get the TAB completion done and when I get the
multiple file selection drag and drop working right. I
think I need another dialog box for that. Plus I need
to write my mime-type dialog so that you can adjust
mime-type on the fly.