The file browser

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Thu Jan 22 11:31:01 CET 2004

Le jeu 22/01/2004 à 09:53, Chris Brault a écrit :
> I have attached some screenshots of:
> Chris's LAme filebroWser  (the CLAW)
>
> They're not much to look at, but it does accomplish
> it's goal of browsing files, showing thumbnails, using
> mime-types to find icons and associated apps, drag and
> drop and relatively "decent" error checking.
>
> Next up is multiple file selection and drag and drop
> between windows. Joy...

Looks beautiful! I've been looking for something like that for some time
now (simple, good-looking, fast file browser).
[Xftree was all that to some extent, but XFfm has grown to a bigger, and
thus slower, app].
Now if I may suggest you a little thing (which I find really useful in
Konqueror for example): when drag'n dropping files / folders to another
window, a popup lets you choose what you want to do (copy, cut,
symlink). What do you think?

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>