Please bring back minimized icons on desktop!

Uwe Heinz Rudi Dippel Udippel at uniten.edu.my
Wed Jan 21 18:29:49 CET 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Coates

> Where would I place it for
> accessibility ? Now I use 'shade' as taskbar command. But now
> everythings shades above each other instead of nice iconised apps side
> by side.

How about the same corner that you minimize icons to in XFce3?

One problem here: When we deal with kernel configuration, a single solution
is fine. When we deal with user interface, it isn't. Why would we need so
many WMs, Gnome, KDE, XFCE ?
You won't succeed prescribing a user how to use the desktop. It would be
wrong.
Now a certain interface has a feature, the user 'must' upgrade, the feature
vanishes. A problem of the user ?
Then another interface has a feature you like. You'll rather try to get this
feature as well, than asking 'I like that feature. I don't want it. How to
go about without it ?'