xfce & gdm

jan goplay at quick.cz
Fri Jan 16 10:46:00 CET 2004

Hi!

Yes in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Xfce there is all you need to run Xfce.
I have the same content in my .Xsession file.

However, when Im runnig Xfce using startx (which actually consider my
.Xsession file) my gtk2 fonts are as big as I set in Xfce preferences.

The problem starts when Im runnig Xfce using GDM. My gtk2 font settings
seems lost.... also my enviroment is gone (.bash_profile and
/etc/profile)

To copy my bash enviroment when using GDM ,there is easy solution.
Import .bash_profile into /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Xfce.

Unfortunately ther is still problem with gtk2 setting which is lost
using GDM :(

cheers
Jan

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 23:30, Lionel Laratte wrote:
> I use GDM on Debian and all my Xfce preferences for startup are in
> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Xfce .  Hope this helps.

Of