icons for Settings Manager

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Jan 14 08:10:19 CET 2004

Op wo 14-01-2004, om 05:09 schreef Biju Chacko:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:51:47 +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> > Op di 13-01-2004, om 10:43 schreef Nikola Pizurica:
> > > Since icon for Settings Manager is from Gnome icon theme by jimmac
> > > (screwdriver and wrench), I've made some new icons using other of
> > > default gnome icons, and I've made some new ones combining some stock
> > > icons.
> > > So, to be clear what am I talking about, here is a mock up:
> > > http://pizurica.on.neobee.net/mock.png
> > >
> > > If anyone needs them, I'll tar them and put
> > > them on-line.
> > >

> > Ooh, very nice, very nice indeed.
> >
> > I'd be interested to get these into XFce 4.2, if you agree and the
> > license permits.
>
> I agree, very nice.
>
> I'd like to see theme-ability for all icons in Xfce. This would be helpful for
> packagers who need to make XFce consistent with a distro theme like BlueCurve.

My thoughts exactly -- hmm, this starts to look like a development
discussion -- I'd like to see all icon handling in xfce use the same
icon handling functions  (except probably xfwm) that are theme-enabled
by default. And have one icon theme for xfce (or even follow the gtk
icon theme).

Therefore, my strong preference is to get the icon theme functions into
libxfcegui4. I know Edscott is using the dynamic module to reduce memory
footprint, but I think that could also be solved by a refcounting
scheme, clearing the icon cache when no program holds a reference.

	Jasper