keyboard layouts

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Mon Jan 12 08:04:57 CET 2004

Hi Nikola,

I have the same problem for 3 layouts: us, russian, armenian.
Now I use the following configuration in XF86Config:
    Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru,am"
    Option "XKbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
Alt-Shift toggles the layouts one after another cyclicly (you don't
have to run setxkbmap every time), but there is no indication.
There is nice program for KDE:
http://kkbswitch.sourceforge.net/
which provides tray icons and some customizations.
I didn't try it yet for XFCE.
Of course, i'll be great to have such a "native" plugin
(I didn't look yet the Gkrellm from Jack Coates's
message).

Sergey