Xfce as only desktop

Nikola Pizurica pizurica at neobee.net
Sat Jan 10 22:51:46 CET 2004

On my desktop and laptop I use only Xfce, removed any trace of kde and
it's libs.
I refuse do upgrade my hardware just to be able to run latest OS.
For example, I have dual overclocked Celerons (2x550Mhz) with 128MB of
RAM. Back in days when I've assembled my PC, it was mean machine, BeOS
was (still is) blazing fast.
So when I put RH9 on it and ran Gnome and KDE, I was horrified.
Since I'm long time BeOS user, I know that this should not be so slow.
So, I've tried Xfce and I felt like home (in BeOS).

Perfect combo for me: Xfce+Rox Filer+Rox Pinboard+deskmenu. Match made
in heaven :-)

Now all we need it Xfce only distro.

Nikola