Debian packages for Woody

Marek Turnovec mat.konference at medik.cz
Sat Jan 10 20:53:12 CET 2004

Hello there,

is there somebody who can tell me a way how to install new XFCE
(4.0.2?) on Debian Woody machine? I want to stay with a stable
distribution - but in Woody there are still version 3.x. And if I use
apt sources for Debian testing/unstable, it also upgrades my libc6 or
something like that and that means that whole distribution is
upgraded...

I saw some XFCE 4.0.0 backports for Woody - that should be a way - but
I've olny fount version 4.0.0, not 4.0.1 or 4.0.2...

Thanks for any advices.

Marek Turnovec

(from Czech Republic, covered with snow at the moment :-)