Saying Hello

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 01:54:07 CET 2004

I am new to Xfce,
And I am glad the version 4.2 was my first. It is so
light and uncomplicated. I also use Mandrake 9.2 with
KDE 3.2 beta for programming superkaramba, but I use
Xfce4 for my pyGTK programming projects.

I don't have the time to do complicated c++ system
programming, so I decided that this was probably the
place for me; Someone who uses Xfce4 as his primary
desktop (I uninstalled kde and gnome).

I am working an a GTK2 compliant archiver and a linux
distribution ratings "things" right now. I was hoping
to see if there was a need for Xfce specific "small"
apps. Kind of like admin tools, but light weight,
modular and not complicated, like Redhat's config
tools.

If they let me, I have attached a pic of the archiver
app. If there's no need, I'll do something else.