Desktop Backgrounds

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Jan 9 21:10:08 CET 2004

Hi all,

I'm not new to Linux, but new to XFCE 4.  I like how quick it runs!

Anyway, I have googled and tried to look at this lists' archive with not
much luck, but I'm trying to find out how to programmatically change the
XFCE 4 desktop background.  The only thing I could find in the
documentation is to use the Settings box, and that XFCE 4 conforms to
the XDesktop (or something) standard.

What I'm doing is I have a script that calls xplanet and then generates
a new desktop background every 30 minutes and then sets the new
background.  In Gnome, I called gconfd and set a registry value.  I
tried a xsetbg command, but that didn't seem to have any effect in XFCE
4.

Any ideas?

Jeremy

--