Autostart...

Hervé Riboulot herve.riboulot at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 4 18:30:17 CET 2004

Le dim 04/01/2004 à 18:19, jb a écrit :
> Thank you for your reactivity :)

> It's not very important but... I hope it can work when I would understand how
> it works.Thanks for answers :)
>
> 					JB

The launcher is 'startxfce4', which can be found, depending on the
implementation, in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin (of course, a link can be
set from /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin).

The program tests the existence of a home directory, creates one in case
of inexistence and executes xinit with the parameter 'xinitrc' with is
located in $HOME/.xfce4/ (first test) or in /usr/local/etc/xfce4 (by
default).

In this xinitrc file, you can call the programs you wanted to be
executed when Xfce will be launched. May be you'll just have to add the
line you mentioned, with the & terminaison.

JB (Jean Baptiste?) don't give up; Xfce is a very good Desktop!