GTK, MDK, and XFCE

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 29 01:42:25 CET 2004

Andrew wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 17:26, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>

>>You have no $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0, do you?
>>

>You are right.  Can you point me to where I can find more about why I
>need that and what would go in there?  I'm willing to RTFM, but I don't
>know where to look.

actually the point is that you _don't_ want one.  if you do, the
contents of the file will override anything in the theme the xfce ui
settings specifies.

check and see if you have anything running that might be stealing xfce's
ability to set the theme, such as gnome-settings-manager or gconfd.
make sure xfce-mcs-manager _is_ running.  if not, try running it from a
terminal - if it fails, tell us any error messages it prints out.  if it
crashes, please send us a backtrace.  to get a backtrace, run it in gdb:

$ gdb xfce-mcs-manager
[...]
(gdb) run
[...]
[gdb informs you that it crashed]
(gdb) bt
[ prints out a backtrace, copy all this and send it to the list]
(gdb) quit
$

good luck,
brian