Add Recently Used File List to Desktop Menu?

Fri Feb 27 18:25:59 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 10:35, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> i'm still willing to implement this, for the simple reason that ad-hoc
> 'standards' like this only get application support if people actually
> use the feature.  personally, i think someone should draft a
> recently-used-files spec for freedesktop.org... oh.  look at that -
> there _is_ a spec:
> http://freedesktop.org/Standards/recent-file-spec
> so yeah, i'm even more in favor of this now...

LOL....as I started reading your note, I was thinking "I wonder if
freedesktop.org has done anything?"....  :-)

So presumably (without reading the documents in detail), this would tie
into the shared-mime-info database
(http://freedesktop.org/Standards/shared-mime-info-spec) which I know
Rox is using and then user specific application preferences?

If you do move forward, let me know how I can be of help.

Marc