SMB Browsing Error - (WBEL: Fedora RPM's to install XFce)

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser at pmbenterprises.com
Fri Feb 27 13:53:37 CET 2004

The Fedora RPM's for XFce-4.0.3.1 were installed on WBEL 3.0-fixed. I am
finding that I cannot browse or connect to my MDK 9.1 Samba server or
shares, respectively. The error that given in the 'xffm' monitor is as
follows:

Looking for master browsers...
XFSAMBA> nmblookup -M -- -
queryiNg __MSBROWSE__ on 192.168.1.255
name_query failed to find name __MSBROWSE__#01

Nautilus browses and connects with normalcy.

Workstations and server are statically assigned and all '/etc/hosts'
files have the server's IP and host name included. Nothing has changed
to the network outside of this recent WBEL installation. BTW...I have a
Fedora workstation up and running and it browses and connects as
expected.

Has anyone experienced this in WBEL? Could this be because I used
Fedora-favored RPM's to install XFce? Any ideas as to where to find my
solution?

TIA