Terminals

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 14:45:28 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:37:28AM -0500, Carl Petersen wrote:
> What's everyones favorite terminal and editor. I'm looking for something
> with a consistent look and feel with the rest of xfce. Right now I'm
> using gvim and xterm (bad looking scrollbar).

rxvt and [x]vile, not for any consistency of look and feel with xfce
but because they're what I use everywhere else.  [x]vile I prefer over
vim for a couple of reasons:-
    It has an emacsclient type hook which allows me to use it with our
    CM at work.
    It runs on Windows too (not cygwin, a native windows executable)
    so I can use it there at home and at work.

The main reason I stay with xvile is really that I'm so familiar with
it now changing would be a bit of a pain.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)