Xterm background colour

Thu Feb 26 14:01:06 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 06:41, brettholcomb at charter.net wrote:
> I use xterm -bg black -fg green if I remember correctly.  I'm not at the system.  Check man xterm.
>

> > From: "Garton, Jamie" <Jamie.Garton at adc.com>
> > Date: 2004/02/26 Thu AM 07:11:04 GMT
> > To: "'XFCE general discussion list'" <xfce at xfce.org>
> > Subject: Xterm background colour
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can the background colour of Xterm be changed from white to black,
> > and the foreground would have to change from black to white?
> >
> > I've looked in the Settings all but nothing seems to relate to it.
> >
> > cheers
> > Jamie

One of the things that you can do is to put something along the lines of
the following into ~/.Xresources:

xterm*background: white
xterm*faceName: bitstream vera sans mono
xterm*faceSize: 9
xterm*geometry: 100x32
xterm*rightScrollBar: true

This change will alter the default look of xterm when started, as an
alternative to command line arguments.  I use this (having moved away
from gnome-terminal), since the default xterm font on FC1 (and perhaps
others) is too small for me to read on a 1600 x 1200 display.

More information on these and other attributes is available in 'man
xterm'.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz