Changing the taskbar dynamically via a script

Garton, Jamie Jamie.Garton at adc.com
Tue Feb 24 23:48:23 CET 2004

In the past when I was using KDE, I had a script that would find out the
exported mount points (using nfs) of a particular server, then it would
create icons to these auto-mounted on the desktop.

I was hoping that I could run my script from a menu icon on the panel
and then populate all the mount points as items under that menu icon.

I thought because you can add/remove items/menus from the panel via the
gui, there would be some command line way of doing the same thing.

Btw, this is all going to be on a Morphix liveCD so the exported mount
points could be different ever time it is started, depending on what
other machines it is connected to.