Gnome-terminal error in xfce

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Mon Feb 23 15:34:58 CET 2004

Hmmm, I removed the one file I found in .gconfd/lock and I haven't had
any more Gnome error messages while using Gnome apps in Xfce4.  Of
course I also discovered that background colors changed in Gnome
applications.  Enhh?  I hadn't set anything special and it isn't a
problem but is unexpected.  Anyway, the error message has gone away for
the time being.  So many thanks.

I will probably switch to a different terminal, Konsole maybe.
Gnome-terminal was just easy to set fonts, background etc and generally
more esthetically pleasing than Xterm. John