dcopserver no longer running

Devin Whalen devin at synapticvision.com
Fri Feb 20 22:16:52 CET 2004

Hello,

I don't know what happened to my computer but every time I log out and
then in again, I get this alert message:

"There was an error setting up inter-process Communications for KDE.
The message returned by the system was:
	Could not read network connection list.  Please check that the
dcopserver is running"

I know that dcopserver is KDE related but I am logging into xfce4.
Every time I open up a application I get the same error as above.  The
other thing is that my session-manager no longer works.  It shows no
processes in the list.  I can't seem to start the dcopserver, what is
the command to do this?

Sorry if this is a strictly a KDE question, but since I am using xfce
when I get this error, I figured I could ask here.

I am running Red Hat 9 with the latest xfce4 release (not cvs) and the
cvs session manager.

Thanks

--
Devin Whalen