MenuMaker errs in 9.1

Terence Golightly t.golightly at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 00:59:45 CET 2004

Brian,

Thanks for replying.  Too bad I don't see my own posts on this list.
On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 23:55, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> menumaker isn't an xfce app, so it's probably best to email the dude
> that made it (http://menumaker.sf.net/ fougas at mail.ru).

Yeah.  I sent him an email a couple of days ago. I havn't heard anything
yet.
>   have you tried
> the suggestions on the menumaker troubleshooting page?
> (http://menumaker.sourceforge.net/node9.html).

I looked at those, but nothing mentions a possible missing module. I did
remove and reinstall menumaker a couple of times.

> if you're still having issues, you can try using the perl script i wrote
> to generate a menu.  it's in http://kelnos.homelinux.org/xfce4/files/ -
> it makes the menu in a different way than menumaker, so it may not
> generate the same results, but if you're really stuck it'll give you a
> menu at least (note: to use it with non-CVS xfdesktop, you'll have to
> strip the opening tags (first four lines) and closing tag (last line)
> from the generated file and use the include method specified in menu.xml).

Fortunately the xml files are still there and I can left click (I'm
using left handed arrangement) and get a menu on the desktop.

> final option is to use xfdesktop CVS (which means you also have to get
> libxfce4util CVS and libxfcegui4 CVS).  if you use the new stock
> menu.xml included with it, it will generate menus for you on-the-fly
> (http://xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation〈=en#install).  but
> hopefully one of the first two options will work for you ^_~.

I have the cvs, but since the upgrade from mdk 9.1 to 9.2 I havn't tried
cvs as of yet.

Terry

--
I used to have a signature, but I lost it.  My new one is:

IIRC CRS