MenuMaker errs in 9.1

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 18 05:55:57 CET 2004

menumaker isn't an xfce app, so it's probably best to email the dude
that made it (http://menumaker.sf.net/ fougas at mail.ru).  have you tried
the suggestions on the menumaker troubleshooting page?
(http://menumaker.sourceforge.net/node9.html).

if you're still having issues, you can try using the perl script i wrote
to generate a menu.  it's in http://kelnos.homelinux.org/xfce4/files/ -
it makes the menu in a different way than menumaker, so it may not
generate the same results, but if you're really stuck it'll give you a
menu at least (note: to use it with non-CVS xfdesktop, you'll have to
strip the opening tags (first four lines) and closing tag (last line)
from the generated file and use the include method specified in menu.xml).

final option is to use xfdesktop CVS (which means you also have to get
libxfce4util CVS and libxfcegui4 CVS).  if you use the new stock
menu.xml included with it, it will generate menus for you on-the-fly
(http://xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#install).  but
hopefully one of the first two options will work for you ^_~.

    -brian