Follow up on Volume Control and Some Great News

Thu Feb 12 19:49:36 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 12:41, csm at Lunar-Linux.org wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Marc Schwartz spewed into the bitstream:
>
> MS>Also, for you Fedora users out there who may not subscribe to the fedora
> MS>lists, I noted that FC2, which which was released as a Test 1 beta
> MS>version today, includes xfce4, which is great news!
>
> To all those who said it would not happen... "Told ya!"
>
> ;-)
>
> Now... for my next trick lemme see if I can make sure it ends up in RHEL4!

LOL!

It has actually been fairly impressive to see the number of FC1 users
(based upon fedora list traffic and elsewhere) who are looking for
alternate window managers to Metacity (as a start) and complete
alternatives to GNOME and KDE. xfce4 comes up quite frequently as an
option.

I do not recall noting the prevalence of these types of queries during
RH 8.0 and RH 9, which I would like to think is a recognition of the
maturity of xfce4.

Again, I say "well done" to the xfce developers!

Marc