Follow up on Volume Control and Some Great News

Thu Feb 12 18:51:23 CET 2004

Hi all,

A quick follow up on my panel volume control issue where on my new
laptop the volume control is non-functional with respect to PCM levels.
I have not been able to solve it via any xfce updates, so I do not know
if this is something planned or not for a future version.

I was able to gain a temporary fix using 'acme', which does have an
option to control the PCM volume rather than the master volume. It does
not support using the mouse wheel to control the volume however as the
xfce plug in does.

Also, for you Fedora users out there who may not subscribe to the fedora
lists, I noted that FC2, which which was released as a Test 1 beta
version today, includes xfce4, which is great news!

"Well done" to the xfce developers!

Regards,

Marc Schwartz