Getting window size & autoload of applications

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 12 02:27:02 CET 2004

  Two questions:

  1) Is there a way for me to learn the size of an application window once I
have it sized properly for the notebook screen? I'd like to add that
geometry to the startup command line.

  2) I _know_ that having applications load in specific desktops with xfce4
when startx is run has been discussed. This is to permit the same service as
has been provided with xfce3. Is there something in the archives about the
format of what I need to put in ~/Desktop/Autostart to achieve this goal?

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)