Volume control plug-in not controlling PCM

Mon Feb 9 17:28:52 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 10:02, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Marc Schwartz wrote:
>
> > BTW, on an unrelated note, does anyone know of any xfce themes for
> > KDE/Qt apps?  My new laptop has a DVD+R/RW and I am using k3b for DVD
> > data burning for backups, which works great. It would be nice if it
> > would look the same as my other Gtk based apps.  :-)
>
> KDE uses a totally different toolkit (Qt) for drawing its widgets.  XFce
> is based on gtk2 (same toolkit used by gnome), and Qt/KDE themes are not
> compatible with gtk2 themes.

Right. Knew that. I was wondering if perhaps someone had "ported" any of
the xfce themes to Qt. I had checked over at kde-look.org, themes.org
and a couple of other places, but did not see any xfce "looking" themes
at those sites.

I thought someone on the list might have either done so or seen
something.

It's not a big deal as k3b is the only KDE/Qt app that I am using at
this point. It does work really well though...  ;-)

> there was some work on a theme engine for gtk2 to make gtk2 apps look
> like KDE apps (the opposite of what you want), but the last i tried it
> it was highly unstable and brought down my entire session.
>
> i'm not sure if anything exists to make KDE apps use gtk2's theming
> engine, but my guess would be 'not yet'.
>
> 	-brian

Thanks Brian!

Marc