Error installing plugin

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Feb 7 16:37:15 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 02:44, John Shane wrote:
> Okay, I did all the things suggested and ended up with the following error.  So far I've not found an rpm or any other source for gdk-2.0.  Any ideas?.
>
> It will be a good day for XFCE when we can just point synaptic at a plugin and click on install.  Sigh.  John

uh, all I do is urpmi plugin :-)

> <snip>
> checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
> checking for sysctl... yes
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 3.99.2... Package gdk-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gdk-2.0.pc'
> Package 'gdk-2.0', required by 'libxfcegui4', not found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 3.99.2) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

I'd search for gdk-devel rpms.

Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
* "Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate *
* technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live        *
* chicken." -- Unknown                                               *