Claw install

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 03:47:44 CET 2004

Yes sir,

> I'm not much good at non-tasks. I get this:
>
> $ claw2.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./claw2.py", line 1951, in ?
>     mainApp = Claw()
>   File "./claw2.py", line 48, in __init__
>     shutil.copy(self.installDir + "/mime.xml ",
> os.environ['HOME'] +
> "/.claw/mimetypes.xml")
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/shutil.py", line
> 62, in copy
>     copyfile(src, dst)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/shutil.py", line
> 28, in copyfile
>     fsrc = open(src, 'rb')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/downloads/Claw2//mime.xml '
>
> A file named mime.xml is in /downloads/Claw2.
>
> I'm using python 2.2 which isn't guaranteed to work.
> Doubt if that's the
> problem, though.

I have been changing alot of the file actions from
"dirty hacks in BASH" to pure python. Since python
automatically makes the names python compatible, I
have discovered naming problems all over, preventing
copy, move and drag and drop from working. I have just
corrected these, and am almost to release a corrected
version, sometime later today.