XFwm decoration styles and GTK themes

Richard Liang squixy at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:43:03 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm a relative XFce newbie, having only been using it for about two months
now, and I really like it.

I have been unable to figure out a few things, though:
1) Is it possible to install XFwm themes on my account?  I can't find
anything in the manual about that.  I downloaded a nice looking theme from
themedepot.org, but I don't want to have to install it systemwide (primarily
because I don't want to dirty up /usr/local with my own changes; I want it
to be entirely populated by ports).

2) Regarding the GTK settings: I am using XFce 4.0.2 installed via the
FreeBSD ports collection, on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE.  I do have
gtk-xfce-engine-2 installed, and am able to make user interface preference
changes using the XFce Settings Manager.  I am also wondering if there is a
place to put other themes that I might find on themedepot.org in my own home
directory, rather than installing them systemwide.

Thanks all,

Richard