Problem launching program

Olle Eriksson pt00oer at student.bth.se
Sun Feb 1 04:03:40 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 02:23, Bob Snyder wrote:
> I am unable to launch the Image Magick program 'display' using either
> the 'xfrun4' dialog or a panel launcher. It runs fine from a terminal
> window. This seems to be a peculiarity of the program itself as any
> other program renamed 'display' in the same directory works fine.

I am having the same problem when running programs by aliases. Neither
Alt+F2 nor the mini command prompt will run something that I have
provided an alias for. If I select the "Run in terminal" i get a "Can't
execvp eterm: No such file or directory.", and otherwise I get a "Failed
to execute child process 'eterm' (No such file or directory)".

Maybe there is a reason for this, I don't know.

Olle Eriksson