Crashes on FreeBSD 5.3 using RC2

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 28 00:12:21 CET 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:32:13 +0100, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit
<jakob at grimstveit.no> wrote:

[snip]
> After RC3 compiled (with installer from os-cillation.de) with composite
> manager (no optimizations) and xorg6.8 fresh from ports, xfdesktop no
> longer crashes, but xfce4-panel still does after the first click on it
> (after having successfully launched the terminal which I clicked on).
[snip]
> Hope you can provide me with any hints about what to do next. Thanks in
> advance.

Don't know if you've already tried it or wish to do so, but Oliver
Lehmann, the FreeBSD ports maintainer for many XFCE-related apps, has a
patch for RC2 at <URL: http://pofo.de/tmp/patch-xfce4>.  It doesn't happen
to work for me on 6-CURRENT with a world and ports files from a couple of
days ago (I get errors concerning a BSD ports makefile, IIRC), but perhaps
you'll have better luck.

Jud