Different # of virtual workspaces on monitors

Thu Dec 16 04:18:10 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 17:59 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On 12/15/04 20:36, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > Not sure, but you might be able to do this by setting the
> > XDG_CONFIG_HOME variable differently for each screen (requires Xfce 4.1.x).
>
> does xfwm4 still require a separate instance per screen?  i didn't think
> so, and if not, this won't do anything.
>
> 	-brian

I am running a dual display configuration in non-xinerama mode.

First, the settings applets come up on screen 0 only.

Second, if I change the number of workspaces in the Workspaces Settings
applet, the number of workspaces is changed on both panel graphical
pagers at the same time (I do have unique panels on each screen
however).

It would appear that this is only a single setting that impacts both
screens.

Also, there is only one instance of xfwm4 running, though there are two
instances of xfce4-panel running.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz