Lost desktop & right mouse

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at dnet.net.au
Wed Dec 15 08:29:37 CET 2004

G'day there Jasper,

> What you're seeing happens when xfdesktop is not running.

    Of course!!!

       It's obvious now that you've pointed it out to me =)

          Thanks for that.

> Try running xfdesktop from a terminal and see if there are error
> messages.

    Yup. I got error messages. Thousands of them. Actually, it was the
same one over and over. It said:

"*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice"

    It said it lots & lots of times. Over & over again.

> If somehow the session got saved without xfdesktop, you need to save
> onlogout while xfdesktop is running.

    It certainly did. I thought I had everything working & recently
(yesterday) set xfce to save the session automatically on closing, so
there was no option given. Of course I was in a hurry to do everything
at once (wives just have no patience when it comes to husbands on the
computer) so I didn't even notice that there was no background piccy
until later.

    I've now got the background picture again, but no rightclick menu.
I'm off to have a play with it again, but if you have any ideas I'm only
too happy to hear them.

Thanks once again
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia