Mail lists

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Dec 5 09:22:10 CET 2004

BluPhoenyx wrote:
> Ok, I guess I've been around mail lists far too long, and simply don't see the
> reason for using the lists anymore.
>
> Like I said, prior. It's probably just me.
> 'nuf said.

for Xfce *users* and has ever been since the very early 4.0 days. This
list worked very fine during that time. I don't see any reason why we
should change that. As Brian said, bug reports don't belong here.
Everybody is free to discuss problems, questions, etc., but when the
problem turns out to be a bug and a developer asks you to file a bug
report, please just go ahead and file the bug report. It doesn't help
the project, nor does it help the user in question, if he continues to
discuss the bug here (from my experience, discussion - from a users
point of view - doesn't help to fix software bugs either).

Just my 0.02€...

Benedikt