4.2 Scroll/Focus Behavior

Mike Lundy novas007 at gmx.net
Fri Dec 3 23:28:05 CET 2004

Just upgraded from 4.0.6 to -rc2. I'm very pleased. Quite pretty, and
with the addition of terminal, it breaks my dependence on konsole :)

However, there is one thing I liked about 4.0.6 that doesn't work the
same in -rc2. In 4.0.6, I could scroll a window with the scroll wheel
without focusing or raising it, which is great for documentation & code
side-by-side. Basically, I'd guess that scroll-wheel movements now
count as "clicks" for the purposes of raising windows, whereas they
didn't before. Is there any way to do that in 4.2? I could fake it by
making it so clicking in the window doesn't raise it, but I'd prefer to
keep that.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

--
All bad precedents began as justifiable measures.
    -Julius Caesar