Switching from KDE

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 20 12:50:58 CEST 2004

040820 Chris Kacoroski wrote:
> I am seriously considering switching from KDE because I have found
> I rarely use any of the KDE apps any more except for quanta.
> does quanta work well with Xfce?
> my kids like the KDE education stuff.  Does that work well with Xfce?

you shd have no problem using KDE apps w Xfce.
i use Konsole, Konqueror, Kjots, Kghostview, Kcalc, Kview, Ksnapshot,
Ksysguard & KDE games, some daily, some occasionally.
it helps a bit to have  ~/.xfce4/xinitrc  load the KDE libs when you start
& close the KDE side of things down again when you exit XFCE,
so if you get that far, ask again & someone (mb me) will tell you how.

> What are people's choices for a web development tool like quanta

Bluefish seems to be the principal alternative: it's Gtk a/a Qt .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca