Benny's Installer Help

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 20 02:49:54 CEST 2004

Matthew Young said:
> I hope this is the right list to post on.
>
> I download the installer benny made.
> http://www.xfce.org/~benny/trials/installers/
>
> But I can't get it to work on Mandrake 10.I get this error...
>
> [root at localhost stuff]# ./xfce4-cvs-20040808-installer.bin
> Extracting the installer...
> Autodetecting Xfce installation... Checking installer requirements...
> You need Gtk+ >= 2.2.0 to use the installer.
> Cleaning up...

perhaps you need to install the -dev RPM for gtk (and glib, pango, atk).
if you've installed gtk from source, make sure your PKG_CONFIG_PATH
variable points to the install location like so: $prefix/lib/pkgconfig
(where $prefix is the --prefix option passed to gtk's configure script,
usually defaults to /usr/local).

     -brian