No desktop menu in Gentoo's CVS ebuild

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Mon Aug 9 00:02:51 CEST 2004

Some time ago (probably on Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:27:57 -0400)
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> had occasion to say the following:

> >That's it.  Is there something wrong with my install that I should do it again?
> >
> either that, or your locate database hasn't gotten updated properly
> since you installed it. the menu is built by default, not sure why it
> wouldn't build or install.  try it again, with a clean tree, and pay
> special attention to configure and make output (make sure configure says
> it's being built, and make sure 'make' goes into modules/menu/ when
> building).

Sorry for the delay:
I installed the latest CVS tree about a week ago and output looked sane AFAICT.  Is there anything else I can try?  I'm confused about this....

Thanks,
Andrew