'Cycle through windows' feature request

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Fri Aug 6 17:54:58 CEST 2004

* It was Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 04:23:20PM -0400 when Brian J. Tarricone said:
> Sami Samhuri wrote:
>
> >* It was Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 09:50:07PM -0400 when Brian J. Tarricone said:
> >
> >>just so you don't think you're being ignored, olivier is on vacation
> >>until the middle of the month (i think), and it's his call what goes
> >>into xfwm4.
> >>
> >Good to know, thanks. To be completely honest though I'm not sure how
> >much I like this option anymore. It's great, until you have to grab the
> >mouse to switch to a minimised app! Since I rarely use Shift+Alt+Tab to
> >cycle in reverse I could map that to cycle all apps, but I think that
> >may be taking it a bit too far.
> >
> though this may be a bit much, perhaps use a different key combo?  maybe
> alt+ctrl+tab goes through non-minimised apps, and alt+tab uses the
> normal method (and adding shift to the mix could reverse both of them).

I like this idea. Stays out of the way of people who don't want/need it.
And anyone who likes to keep hidden windows out of default cycling can
change their keybindings. Now for an elegant way to do it... Rainy
outside, nothing to do, perfect day to get this done. :)

> >At least it was a good excuse for me to hack on xfce a bit. I really
> >would like to get into it more now that I've had a taste. Are there any
> >documents around that I might find useful?
> >
> the core xfce libs are somewhat documented at
> http://xfce.org/~benny/api/ - we're slowly documenting the interfaces,
> and wouldn't mind help from people that figure out on their own what
> stuff does (hell, that's how i picked most of it up...).

Thanks for the link. Figuring out the code has been easy so far, it is
very clean and well written. Well, xfwm4 is anyways; I haven't looked at
the rest. But from how smooth xfce runs I'll infer that the rest of the
code is equally as nice.

--
Sami Samhuri