No desktop menu in Gentoo's CVS ebuild

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 2 20:27:57 CEST 2004

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>Some time ago (probably on Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:29:27 -0700)
>Sami Samhuri <sami at no-eff-eks.com> had the occasion to say the following:
>

>>* It was Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:26:55AM -0400 when Andrew Conkling said:
>>

>>>No useful output from xfdesktop.  However, I don't have any file even
>>>with "libxfce_desktop" in its title; what does that mean?
>>>

>>You probably have a few files of the form libxfce4_desktop.*, I think
>>Brian just missed the 4.
>>

>One would think...
># locate libxfce4 | grep desktop
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i686-linux/xfce4/libxfce4util/xfce-desktopentry.ph
>/usr/include/xfce4/libxfce4util/xfce-desktopentry.h
>
>That's it.  Is there something wrong with my install that I should do it again?

either that, or your locate database hasn't gotten updated properly
since you installed it. the menu is built by default, not sure why it
wouldn't build or install.  try it again, with a clean tree, and pay
special attention to configure and make output (make sure configure says
it's being built, and make sure 'make' goes into modules/menu/ when
building).

    -brian